A year ago during the week before Thanksgiving, LoveYou2.org was born. The idea percolated for awhile but the website went live during the season of gratitude. It has been a whole year of loving you back! A year of signs. A year of writing about my love for you. A year of guest posts. A year of surprises. A year of painting heART signs. A year of being aware. A year of receiving & giving. A year of amazement. A year of fun.
A few of the highlights from this year:
- The first guest post to the blog.
- The first Facebook fans that were not my own friends.
- The transition from posting signs quickly and secretively to being bolder.
- Slowing down to pay attention to responses to the paper signs and heART.
- Frequent guest posts and participants who became ‘regulars’. Some folks are just natural givers.
- Beginning to see signs of love everywhere in nature and chance encounters.
- Friends & family sending interesting links or photos related to this project with the note “This made me think of you.”
- Being surprised with flowers on the fence, your stories, comments from passersby.
- Finding my heART signs graffitied with more love.
- A tour of the streets with an ephemeral artist I admire and learning to see the sidewalks, alleyways, fences and nooks in new ways.
- The mystery artist hanging art on the fence. <3
My ‘take away’ from a year of loving you back? There is more, love. There are more ideas, more art, more ways to express, more people, more love , more hearts, more signs of love, more smiles, more Fridays, more love notes, more inspiration, more wood and paint, more time, more days, more dreams.
In the process of creating, exploring the edges of my ideas, stepping a few skips beyond my comfort zone, and embracing possibility I am very confident that there is so much more. Just enough, not too much. The future looks very bright. And full of love.
Here is a recap of this year of loving you back in pictures.